Kathy Lyon on guitar, Mike Prentice on bass (glorified wash-tub or regular stand-up), Shaila Chowdhure on bodhran, Debra Tyler on keyboard, Jane Prentice and Rachel Gall on fiddle, and Jim Prentice on concertina.
Join them for a traditional New England Country Dance of circles, squares, and contras starting at 7:00 every first Saturday of the month at the Cornwall, CT Town Hall (24 Pine St.) where they generously donate their time and talents to create an evening of music and fun for the whole family.
Each dance is taught and led by a “caller,” who explains how the dance flows and helps the dancers “walk through” the dance before the music starts. S/he continues “calling” instructions throughout the dance. Dancers of all ages and levels of ability are welcome to join in this everybody-wins team sport. To help pay the caller, we suggest a $5-8/child and $10-15/adult donation. Call Jim or Jane Prentice at 860-672-6101 for more inf
Our regular First-Saturday Dances will be :
- Feb 4, 2017 – Peter Stix
- Mar 4, 2017 – Dudley Laufman
- Apr 1, 2017 – Patricia Campbell
- May 6, 2017 – Dudley Laufman
- Jun 3, 2017 – Rich Sbardella
- July 1, 2017 – Anne Banks
- Aug 5, 2017 – Bob Livingston
- Sept 2, 2017 – Peter Stix
- Oct 7, 2017 – David Kaynor
- Nov 4, 2017 – TBA
- Dec 2, 2017 – Bob Livingston